The Lyme Spot is about having Lyme: living with it, putting up with it, embracing it, damning it, figuring it out, not figuring it out, but most of all...it's about community. I will be sharing my experience, my feelings, and all the things I know that help me get through my days and keep me feeling positive, or at the very least keep me alive! But please, also come here to share your experiences, feelings and all the things you know. Together, we can get through anything...

Tofu Tacos

Step 1:

In a pot put cubed tofu and salsa of your choice. Heat over medium heat for about 10 minutes. As it cooks, add sea salt to taste. When it's done, empty into covered receptacle and put aside. Make sure it's covered so it stays hot.

Step 2:

In same pot (you can clean it or not, your choice) add olive oil and heat. Add thinly cut cabbage and sautee until limp. Add 1 can black beans, including liquid (do not strain). Add lots of onion powder and pinch of garlic powder. Add sea salt to taste and simmer for 5 minutes or until cabbage is soft. Take off the heat and cover so it stays hot.

Step 3:

Grate carrot and put in small bowl. Grate Beet and put in small bowl.

Step 4:

I have a gas stove so I turn a flame on and throw my tortilla directly on the flame, cause yum. If you don't have a gas stove, you can toast (toaster oven only) or bake or pan-heat your tortilla. You can leave it cold, but it's not as tasty.

Step 5:

Assemble your taco!

The order I use is: Beans, tofu on top of that, shredded carrot, shredded beet.

2 comments:

  1. Wish I could do tofu, but it's one of the things I can't eat. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete